Protection and Privacy of your Personal Information
- Maryvale adheres to all legislative and regulatory requirements of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act (Ontario 2017) and the Personal Health Information Protection Act (Ontario 2004).
- You have the right to have control over your own personal health information – how it is collected, used and shared.
- You may access and correct your personal health record or withdraw or restrict your consent for any/all of the uses above by contacting us (subject to legal exceptions)
- When we believe it is in your best interest to use or share personal health information, we will ask for your consent to do so and document the information used or shared in your health record.
- We share information only with those required to provide our services and as allowed under these Acts and regulations.
- We make every effort to ensure that information is kept secure from loss, theft or unauthorized use.
- All staff, volunteers, students and agents sign an Oath agreeing to retain your information confidential and to personally adhere to these Acts and regulations.
- If you have any concerns or questions regarding these matters or if you would like a copy of Maryvale’s full policy on Confidentiality: Protection and Privacy of Client’s Personal Information (8-263), please ask for our Privacy Officer:
Kathy Morneau, Program Manager
519 258 0549 ext. 2571
As well, the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario is available to you regarding any outstanding concerns and can be reached at: 1-800-387-0073 (within Ontario); TDD/TTY: 416-325-7539 or by mail at 2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario Canada M4W 1A8